Team Leader- Food and Beverage - Radisson Hotel Kandla
JOB DESCRIPTION :
To manage the operation of assigned restaurants by assisting in developing and implementing strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, employees and guests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Greet guest and seats them accordingly
· Makes change, cashes checks, and issues receipt to guest
· Records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions
· Reads and records totals shown on cash register and verifies against cash on hand
· Makes necessary checks needed for specific function
· Reports and explains any discrepancies in outlet checks, daily transactions, and reports
· Assist the Outlet or Assistant Manager - Outlet in ensuring that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statement, providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times
· Be a hands-on supervisor and be present at all times in the Outlet, especially during busy periods
· Establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped
· Assist with conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies
· In the absence of Assistant Outlet Manager, conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu
· Liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage Department on daily operations and quality control
· Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives
· Ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organised, both at the front as well as the back of house
· Liaise and organise with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to
· Performs the function of cashier and responsible for Micros cashiering procedure
· Balances cash and credit card charges and remittance of cash to Front Office SafeGuest Service
· Handle all guest requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service. Ensure that all employees establish a rapport with guests· Directs subordinates to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Nile Standards and Criteria and the Nile portal Food and Beverage Operations Manual.
· Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
· Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Action Orientation - Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and determination to get ahead and pursues goals energetically; shows self-confidence and an optimistic outlook; acts on own initiative and takes responsibility for one's own work and for the safety of others.
· Adaptability - Shows awareness of own strengths and weaknesses; works comfortably in uncertain conditions; accepts new ideas; changes one's own views or behaviours in accordance to changing circumstances; identifies personal development needs and seeks opportunities to improve; absorbs new information; maintains stable performance under pressure.
· Communication - Encourages communication with others; shares information with others and clearly expresses opinions; listens and takes others’ feelings and views into consideration; admits to mistakes; and maintains relationships at all organisational levels.
· Customer Focus / Quality - Meets customer needs, delivers personalised service, shows empathy and understanding, ensures professional, quality work standards are met, and uses criticism constructively.
· Integrity - Acts with clear ethics and values; is a model of high standards of behaviour for others; maintains confidentiality and upholds agreements; relates to people from different cultures; and maintains a balance between work and personal life.
· Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles; identifies with others; works in a team; easily builds rapport; helps others through difficult times; shows tolerance for others' viewpoints; keeps own emotions in check and not allow personal feelings disrupt work
· Time and Task Management - Manages time effectively and shows punctuality; completes tasks on time; structures work activities in a systematic way; follows company policies; shows organisational commitment; shows receptiveness to being managed; demonstrates detailed job knowledge, manual ability and technical expertise in one’s own area.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Radisson Hotel Kandla
Salery: INR 15,000 - 20,000