Steward- KST - Gift City Club & Business Center
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Work in the stewarding department in their different work location/roles
Ensure cleanliness, sanitation, hygiene in F&B by active involvement
Reports to the Team leader- stewarding
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reports daily to the Team Leader-Stewarding on duty and receives assignments
· Responsible for emptying garbage
· Mop and scrub floor daily
· Operates an automatic dishwashing machine that cleans and washes plates, cups, saucers, silverware, glasses and other dishes
· Cleans cooking utensils and kitchen equipment by hand
· Prepares tableware for washing; receives or collects tableware to be washed and removes food residue with scraper; sorts china, glassware, and silverware, placing each in separate racks or trays, standing plates and saucers on edge, and inverting cups so that they may be washed more effectively
· Sets up dishwashing machine and pot wash area
· Transports trash to disposal area
· Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand
· Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
· Sets up banquet tents
· Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or place them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine
· Holds inverted glass over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
· Washes worktables, sinks, walls, ceiling, air vents, refrigerators, and meat blocks
· Cleans and washes floor and gutter drains and grease traps
· Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans
· Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth
· Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Willingly attends training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and determination to get ahead and pursues
goals energetically; shows self-confidence and an optimistic outlook; acts on
own initiative and takes responsibility for one's own work and for the safety
· Adaptability - Shows awareness of own strengths and weaknesses; works comfortably in uncertain conditions; accepts new ideas; changes one's own views or behaviours in accordance to changing circumstances; identifies personal development needs and seeks opportunities to improve; absorbs new information; maintains stable performance under pressure.
· Communication - Encourages communication with others; shares information with others and clearly expresses opinions; listens and takes others’ feelings and views into consideration; admits to mistakes; and maintains relationships at all organisational levels.
· Customer Focus / Quality - Meets customer needs, delivers personalised service, shows empathy and understanding, ensures professional, quality work standards are met, and uses criticism constructively.
· Integrity - Acts with clear ethics and values; is a model of high standards of behaviour for others; maintains confidentiality and upholds agreements; relates to people from different cultures; and maintains a balance between work and personal life.
· Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles; identifies with others; works in a team; easily builds rapport; helps others through difficult times; shows tolerance for others' viewpoints; keeps own emotions in check and not allow personal feelings disrupt work
· Time and Task Management - Manages time effectively and shows punctuality; completes tasks on time; structures work activities in a systematic way; follows company policies; shows organisational commitment; shows receptiveness to being managed; demonstrates detailed job knowledge, manual ability and technical expertise in one’s own area.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nile Hospitality
Salery: INR 10,000 - 15,000