Room service Order taker - Radisson Hotel Kandla
JOB DESCRIPTION :
To manage the operation of Room service by consistent delivery of guest orders to room
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists with the smooth and efficient service of the Room Service department, ensuring that Grand Hyatt standards are met at all times
· Fully conversant with Nile standards of Telephone handling skills and approved phrases
· Computes bill and prints accordingly with efficiency
· Takes orders for all meal periods such as Breakfast, All day dining and Late night dining periods
· Fully conversant with all aspects of P.O.S Computer System
· Ensure in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Department that all food and beverage items, equipment and other facilities in the outlets are maintained to the expected standard
· Constantly strive to satisfy all guests that he/she may come into contact with
· Possess a thorough knowledge of the Room service Menu, Beverage list and Wine List
· Possess knowledge of outlet concepts, menus and timings
· Processes or answers any guest’s inquiries courteously
· Up-sells the menu: Induces guests to take slightly higher-than-medium prices items and side orders(soup, beverage, salad, dessert, etc) without being pushy or forceful
· Puts guest’s order down on the order-taker checklist, records order time, guest room number etc.
· Performs the function of cashier
· Reports any deviations of standards to Supervisor or Department Head
· Maintains par stocks of all equipment and guest supplies
· Clears and resets work place and cabin at conclusion of each shift
· Updates and maintains guest history file and recalls preferences of regular guests
· Coordinates with chef regarding special guest requests
· Operates a multi-function telephone efficiently
· Handles reservations and informs outlets accordingly
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Adaptability - Shows awareness of own strengths and weaknesses; works comfortably in uncertain conditions; accepts new ideas; changes one's own views or behaviours in accordance to changing circumstances; identifies personal development needs and seeks opportunities to improve; absorbs new information; maintains stable performance under pressure.
· Communication - Encourages communication with others; shares information with others and clearly expresses opinions; listens and takes others’ feelings and views into consideration; admits to mistakes; and maintains relationships at all organisational levels.
· Customer Focus / Quality - Meets customer needs, delivers personalised service, shows empathy and understanding, ensures professional, quality work standards are met, and uses criticism constructively.
· Integrity - Acts with clear ethics and values; is a model of high standards of behaviour for others; maintains confidentiality and upholds agreements; relates to people from different cultures; and maintains a balance between work and personal life.
· Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles; identifies with others; works in a team; easily builds rapport; helps others through difficult times; shows tolerance for others' viewpoints; keeps own emotions in check and not allow personal feelings disrupt work
· Time and Task Management - Manages time effectively and shows punctuality; completes tasks on time; structures work activities in a systematic way; follows company policies; shows organisational commitment; shows receptiveness to being managed; demonstrates detailed job knowledge, manual ability and technical expertise in one’s own area.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Radisson Hotel Kandla
Salery: INR 10,000 - 15,000