Laundry Attendant - Nile Hospitality
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Performs routine activities of day to day laundry operations in compliance with brand standards. Adheres to brand standards and ensures compliance. Is responsible for quality guest experience and building a healthy work environment. Provides support to the Laundry Supervisors in laundry related functions as well as aspects such as effective inter-departmental liaison and wastage reduction. Maintains a pleasant demeanor within and outside the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports at the scheduled time of briefing/debriefing/meetings.
- Reads communications relating to upcoming shift.
- Is well groomed at all times of the day.
- Is well versed with company and hotel information.
- Aware of room categories and amenities.
- Aware of public area layout and configuration.
- Aware of all brand standards especially pertaining to linen, uniform and laundry operations.
- Responsible for processing and maintaining linen and uniform according to standard operating procedures.
- Aware of occupancy patterns and banquet functions at-least 24 hours in advance to ensure availability of linen and uniform.
- Smoothly exchanges linen and uniform (with documents if used) within departmental areas or with other departments as planned.
- Sorts, processes, transports and stacks linen and uniform as per brand standards.
- Segregates items for repair and ensures addressal with 24 hours.
- Ensures enough dusters are available at all times for use by housekeeping and kitchen.
- Examines all items for brand standard compliance daily.
- Conducts basic tailoring jobs when required.
- In the event of a complaint, ensures immediate corrective action or appraises superiors to ensure immediate action.
- Responsible for maintaining records as per area of work.
- Ensures effective utilization of resources at their disposal.
- Ensures assigned areas have requisite aids, tools, supplies and equipment to carry out operations smoothly and effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, furniture and fixtures of assigned areas
- Follows the standard operating procedures and trains subordinates as and when required.
- Actively participates in the cost control procedure and ensures full cooperation in the same.
- Maintains clear and effective communication within and outside the all departments.
- Carries out KRA’s effectively.
- Ensuring safety, security and privacy of all areas.
- Suggests and assists in implementing procedures to enhance departmental productivity.
- Responsible for handling keys/mobiles for assigned areas.
- Understands team positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Ensures good liaison within and outside the department for smooth operations.
- Assists Supervisors in planning and conducting periodic inventories and discard processes keeping in mind occupancy patterns and item/manpower availability.
- Assists Supervisors in ordering and checking quality and quantities of all items being received in liaison with finance.
- Appraises Supervisors without delay about any breakdown/lapses/concerns leading to degradation of hotel facilities or services.
- Is well versed and knowledgeable of brand, fire and evacuation procedures and health and safety requirements in the workplace. Is aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Is well versed and knowledgeable of brand, fire and evacuation procedures and health and safety requirements in the workplace. Ensures associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant workplace health and safety standards and related hotel and brand policies and procedures.
- Performs any other duties/responsibilities assigned by the management.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
(Primary skills /knowledge & related requisites)
· Has an ability and inclination to align with the vision and culture of the organization.
· Displays commitment and zeal towards the organization in words and action.
· Has an ability to lead, inspire and develop self and colleagues.
· Is innovative, technologically sound, intuitive and empathetic towards both guests and employees.
It is not the intention of this Job description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nile Hospitality
Salary: INR 14,000 - 16,000