Executive/ Team Leader - KST - Howard Johnson Udaipur
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Supervise the stewarding department in their different work location/roles
Supervise cleanliness, sanitation, hygiene in F&B
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlledOperational
· Be hands-on and present at all times in the Operation, especially during busy periods
· Establish and strictly control inventories and par stocks in the operation for all operating equipment, Food and Beverage, Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FF&E) items and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped
· Conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies
· Control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies
· Conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu
· Liaise with the Kitchen and Food and Beverage Department on daily operations and quality control
· Ensure that each outlet is supplied with clean and dry operating equipment
· Ensure that the food production areas are supplied with clean and dry kitchen utensils
· Supervise night cleaning contractors in kitchen and back-of-house food and beverage areas
· Ensure that back-of-house cleaning schedules and garbage runs are strictly adhered to and areas are cleaned according to established standards
· Have thorough understanding and knowledge of all Food and Beverage equipment needs and network with sister hotels and other hotels to borrow equipment as and when needed
· Handle suppliers enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner
· Ensure that the back-of-house areas are kept clean and organised
· Liaise and organise with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to and coordinated between the two departments
· Coordinate all Repair and Maintenance and issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outletAdministration
· Assists with the development and maintenance of a detailed Department Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
· Assists with the preparation of the annual Food and Beverage Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.
· Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Food and Beverage Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Director of Food and Beverage/Assistant Director/Stewarding Manager ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.
· Maintain the Daily Log Book
· Submit to Food and Beverage the following: Monthly Outlet Report, Monthly Objective Review, Monthly Breakage and Loss Report, Chemical Consumption Report, Trainer’s Reportaccurately
· Submit all staff incident reports
· Provide the Materials Department with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items used in the outletPayroll and Productivity Management
· Exercises efficient Payroll Management/Resource allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce throughout the Division. This will be based on the principles of a flexible employee base (Full Time and Part Time employees), multi-skilling and multi-tasking
· Directs subordinates to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Hyatt International Food and Beverage Operations Manual.
· Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
· Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the systemPeople Management
· Recruit, select and develop Stewarding employees to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies willing to become multi skilled and perform multi tasks.
· Through hands on management, supervise closely all Food and Beverage Service employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws
· Delegate appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained
· Instil the Training philosophies of the company and work closely with the Training Manager developing Departmental Trainers, ensuring that all Managers and Supervisors take an active role in the training and development of employees
· Develop and assist with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge
· Ensure employees have a complete understanding of rules and regulations, and that behaviour complies
· Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development
· Conduct annual Performance Appraisals providing honest and appropriate feedback
· Effectively communicate guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Ensure all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and well being of employees providing advice, counselling and truthful, diplomatic feedback
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Change Management – Generates activity and seeks new challenges to improve work performance; Demonstrate an optimistic outlook and recovers quickly from failure.
· Commercial Awareness – Shows awareness of markets and ensures up-to-date knowledge of competitive environment; Demonstrates an awareness of new business opportunities and seizes and acts upon them; Is aware of financial issues such as revenue enhancement, costs, profits / losses cash flow etc; Identifies opportunities to ensure sustainable profit growth is achieved through implementing cost-effective methods.
· Decision Making – Makes sound decisions quickly under pressure; Takes calculated risks based on adequate information and analysis; Makes a rational, balanced judgments on the basis of available information.
· Managing the Work of others – Works with an orientation to the future; Sets clear, appropriate, and well defined, quality objectives; Encourages others to comply with legal and personal obligations; Plans while taking into account change and possible difficulties; Provides teams with clear direction and keeps them focused on tasks; Actively supports autonomy and empowerment through appropriate delegation of work; Sees projects through to completion; ensures key objectives are met.
· Motivating and Influencing Others – Creates a climate of teamwork by encouraging harmony, co-operation and communication; Cares for others by monitoring their well-being; Inspires a positive attitude to work among subordinates and persuades others so that they can adjust their positions and readily gains agreement and support from others; Respects the contributions of others.
· Organisation Savvy – Maintains awareness of organizational structure and goals; Accurately identifies and effectively presents the key points of an argument; Promotes ideas; Establishes links with people within and outside the business and uses this network for the organisation’s advantage.
· People Development – Encourages a culture of continuous personal and worked-related improvement through own actions and ensures learning from successes and failures; Guides and coaches staff; Passes on personal expertise and draws on the diverse backgrounds, skills and knowledge of people while defining and reinforcing standards and appropriate behaviour.
· Problem Solving – Reconciles conflict and probes for information for more in-depth relevant information for decision-making; Analyses numerical data and relevant sources of information in order to draw appropriate conclusions and check facts to establish causes and effects; Produces new ideas and a rang of solutions to meet the demands of the situation.
· Strategic Orientation – Selects the most appropriate tactic(s) from a range of alternatives and conveys the plan to others; Sets organizational strategy in line with organizational vision and uses multiple, relevant resources to achieve objectives; Negotiates with a variety of approaches.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Howard Johnson by Wyndham Udaipur
Salary: INR 15,000 - 20,000