Engineering Executive - Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Dwarka
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Executive Engineer in preventive maintenance, carrying out modifications and efficiently running of the Engineering Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
· Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
· Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
· Establishes and manages an effective Guest Rooms Maintenance Program.
· Supervises distribution of repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
· Performs inspections effectively.
· Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses for building and physical plant are obtained and kept current.
· Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
· Ensures compliance with all departmental policies, standards and procedures.
· Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
· Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs (PPM).
· Effectively manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories that minimize downtime and maximize cash flow.
· Ensures all associates have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
· Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
· Assists in establishing and implementing an energy conservation program.
· Helps train associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental
and hotel emergency procedures.
· Assists in training other department associates in fire protection, safety and evacuation procedures.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
· Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
· Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Uses all available on the job training tools for associates; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
· Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Must ensure that all engineering Log books, PPM and other documentation should be complete.
· To achieve at least 5% reduction in HLP cost from annual budgeted.
· To reduce 5% of R& M cost as budgeted.
· To achieve GSI score as set by hotel.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Dwarka
Salery: INR 30,000 - 40,000