Director Food and Beverage - Nile Hotel Management Company
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Responsible for ensuring the highest level of member service by overseeing all aspects of service and staff during operating hours, while working in a clean and safe environment, and meeting all financial goals for sales and expenses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational· Ensure that all the outlets and banquets is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements
· Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and banquets. Work with the Outlet Managers, Banquet Service Manager and respective Chef de Cuisine’s to take corrective action where necessary
· Conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Executive Sous Chefs of the Food and Beverage Operation
· Frequently verify that only fresh products are used in Food and Beverage preparation
· Frequently taste Food and Beverage in all outlets and be demanding and critical when it comes to Food and Beverage quality
· Work with the Executive Chef with creative suggestions and ideasGuest service
· Establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service
· Personally and frequently verify that guests in the outlet are receiving the best possible service
· Spend time in the outlets (during peak periods) to ensure that the outlet is managed well by the respective Outlet team and functions to the fullest expectationsMarketing
· Prepare with the respective Outlet teams, a yearly marketing plan for each outlet, which is the basis of the Food and Beverage Annual Marketing Plan
· Continuously seek ways to assist the Outlet Management maximise their revenues and profits
· Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotel’s banqueting departments
· Ensure that all Outlet Management Teams and Catering Department are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirementsAdministration
· Responsible for the implementation of the Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
· Responsible for the preparation of the annual Food and Beverage Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.
· Responsible for meeting the revenue target and ensure costs are effectively controlled.
· Ensure that all Food and Beverage forms and reports are forwarded in time to the Corporate / Area Food and Beverage DepartmentsPayroll and Productivity Management
· Exercises efficient Payroll Management/Resource allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce throughout the Division. This will be based on the principles of a flexible employee base (Full Time and Part Time employees), multi-skilling and multi-tasking
· Directs subordinates to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Nile Hospitality Standards
· Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
· Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the systemPeople Management
· Recruit, select and develop Food and Beverage employees to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies willing to become multi skilled and perform multi tasks.
· Through hands on management, supervise closely all Food and Beverage employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws
· Delegate appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained
· Instill the Training philosophies of the company and work closely with the Training Manager developing Departmental Trainers, ensuring that all Managers and Supervisors take an active role in the training and development of employees
· Develop and assist with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge
· Ensure employees have a complete understanding of rules and regulations, and that behaviour complies
· Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development
· Conduct annual Performance Appraisals providing honest and appropriate feedback
· Effectively communicate guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees
· Represents FOOD AND BEVERAGE on the hotel Department hard committee, ensures the efficient and smooth operation of the FOOD AND BEVERAGE Division providing services and support to other Divisions as required.
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Ensure all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and well-being of employees providing advice, counselling and truthful, diplomatic feedback
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Nile HospitalityRespond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Change Management – Generates activity and seeks new challenges to improve work performance; Demonstrate an optimistic outlook and recovers quickly from failure.
· Commercial Awareness – Shows awareness of markets and ensures up-to-date knowledge of competitors; Demonstrates an awareness of new business opportunities and seizes and acts upon them; Is aware of financial issues such as profits and losses; Identifies opportunities to reduce costs using the most cost-effective methods.
· Decision Making – Makes sound decisions quickly under pressure; Takes calculated risks based on adequate information and analysis; Makes a rational judgment on the basis of all available information.
· Managing the Work of others – Works with an orientation to the future; Sets clear, appropriate, and well defined, quality objectives; Encourage others to comply with legal and personal obligations; Plans while taking into account change and possible difficulties; Provides teams with clear direction and keeps them on tasks; Actively supports autonomy and empowerment through appropriate delegation of work; Sees projects through to completion; ensure key objectives are met.
· Motivating and Influencing Others – Creates a climate of teamwork by encouraging harmony, co-operation and communication; Cares for others by monitoring their well-being; Inspires a positive attitude to work among subordinates and persuades others so that they change their opinion or direction and gain agreement with others; Respects the contributions of others.
· Organisation Savvy – Maintains awareness of organizational structure and goals; Accurately identifies and effectively presents the key points of an argument; Promotes ideas; Establishes links with people within and outside the business and uses this network for the organisation’s advantage.
· People development - Encourages a culture of continuous personal and worked-related improvement through own actions and ensures learning from success and failures; Guides and coaches staff; Passes on one’s own expertise and draws on the diverse backgrounds, skills and knowledge of people while defining and reinforcing standards for appropriate behaviour.
· Problem Development – Reconciles conflict and probes for information for more in-depth relevant information for decision-making; Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information in order to draw relevant conclusions and check facts to perceive causes and effects; Produces new ideas and a range of solutions to meet the demands of the situation.Strategic Orientation – Selects the most promising tactic from a range of alternatives and conveys this vision to others; Sets organizational strategy in line with organizational vision and uses multiple, relevant resources to achieve objectives; Negotiates with a variety of approaches.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nile Hotel Management Company
Salery: INR 95,500 - 1,05,500