Conference and Banqueting Manager - Gift City Club & Business Center
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; supervising Banquet Service functions throughout the Hotel for all member events, private parties, and meetings/conventions.
Directing Banquet staff in ensuring the member’s and guest’s expectations are met and exceeded.
Maintains the highest standards of food and beverage service, and is creative in room set-ups and presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages Banquet events and Audio Visual departments as independent profit centre.
· Controls all expenses to maximise profits.
· Establishes and monitors compliance to sequence and standards of service for the banquet service to coincide with the service concept and market demands.
· Meets with guests in the function rooms ensuring maximum guest satisfaction
· Ensures proper operating supplies are maintained for the department.
· Assists Catering/Banquet Sales in identifying market needs and trends
· Liaise closely with Sales and Marketing/Catering sales team guest requirements and event orders
· Ensures that Banquet storage and Audio Visual areas are neat and organised, including the proper storage of props, and equipment.
· Properly and promptly reacts to changes in guest requests, business, hotel, and company demands.
· Monitor service and food and beverage standards in the function areas. Work with the Chef de Cuisine/ Chef in-charge to take corrective action where necessary
· Conduct frequent and thorough inspections
· Frequently verify that only fresh products are used in the Food and Beverage preparation
· Periodically sample the the cuisines and be demanding and critical when it comes to Food and Beverage quality
· Assist the Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine/ Chef in-charge with creative suggestions and ideasGuest Service
· Establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service
· Personally and frequently verify that guests in the outlet are receiving the best possible service
· Hands on in the function areas (including the peak periods) and ensure that the department is managed well by all employees.
· Prepare with the outlet team, a yearly marketing plan for the revenue centre, which is the basis of the Food and Beverage Annual Marketing Plan
· Continuously seek ways to maximise revenues, covers, average check and profit
· Monitor and analyse the activities and trends of competitive banquet and conference facilities
· Ensure that service and kitchen management is fully aware of market needs and trends and that the products offered meet these requirementsAdministration
· Assists with the development and maintenance of a detailed Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
· Assists with the preparation of the annual Food and Beverage Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.
· Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Food and Beverage Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Director or Assistant Director of Food and Beverage ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.Payroll and Productivity Management
· Exercises efficient Payroll Management/Resource allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce throughout the Division. This will be based on the principles of a flexible employee base (Full Time and Part Time employees), multi-skilling and multi-tasking
· Directs subordinates to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Nile Hospitality Food and Beverage Operations Manual.
· Focus attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
· Ensure new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the systemPeople Management
· Recruit, select and develop Banquet Services employees to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies willing to become multi skilled and perform multi tasks.
· Through hands on management, supervise closely all employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws
· Delegate appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained
· Instil the Training philosophies of the company and work closely with the Training Manager developing Departmental Trainers, ensuring that all Assistant Managers and Team Leaders take an active role in the training and development of employees
· Develop and assist with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge
· Ensure employees have a complete understanding of rules and regulations, and that behaviour complies
· Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development
· Conduct annual Performance Appraisals providing honest and appropriate feedback
· Effectively communicate guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees
· Conducts/attend daily briefing for the department
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Ensure all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
· Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and well being of employees providing advice, counselling and truthful, diplomatic feedback
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
· The incumbent is encouraged to actively network within the community and participate in local and international Food and Beverage Fairs and Conventions.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Management – Generates
activity and seeks new challenges to improve work performance; Demonstrate an
optimistic outlook and recovers quickly from failure.
· Commercial Awareness – Shows awareness of markets and ensures up-to-date knowledge of competitive environment; Demonstrates an awareness of new business opportunities and seizes and acts upon them; Is aware of financial issues such as revenue enhancement, costs, profits / losses cash flow etc; Identifies opportunities to ensure sustainable profit growth is achieved through implementing cost-effective methods.
· Decision Making – Makes sound decisions quickly under pressure; Takes calculated risks based on adequate information and analysis; Makes a rational, balanced judgments on the basis of available information.
· Managing the Work of others – Works with an orientation to the future; Sets clear, appropriate, and well defined, quality objectives; Encourages others to comply with legal and personal obligations; Plans while taking into account change and possible difficulties; Provides teams with clear direction and keeps them focused on tasks; Actively supports autonomy and empowerment through appropriate delegation of work; Sees projects through to completion; ensures key objectives are met.
· Motivating and Influencing Others – Creates a climate of teamwork by encouraging harmony, co-operation and communication; Cares for others by monitoring their well-being; Inspires a positive attitude to work among subordinates and persuades others so that they can adjust their positions and readily gains agreement and support from others; Respects the contributions of others.
· Organisation Savvy – Maintains awareness of organizational structure and goals; Accurately identifies and effectively presents the key points of an argument; Promotes ideas; Establishes links with people within and outside the business and uses this network for the organisation’s advantage.
· People Development – Encourages a culture of continuous personal and worked-related improvement through own actions and ensures learning from successes and failures; Guides and coaches staff; Passes on personal expertise and draws on the diverse backgrounds, skills and knowledge of people while defining and reinforcing standards and appropriate behaviour.
· Problem Solving – Reconciles conflict and probes for information for more in-depth relevant information for decision-making; Analyses numerical data and relevant sources of information in order to draw appropriate conclusions and check facts to establish causes and effects; Produces new ideas and a rang of solutions to meet the demands of the situation.
· Strategic Orientation – Selects the most appropriate tactic(s) from a range of alternatives and conveys the plan to others; Sets organizational strategy in line with organizational vision and uses multiple, relevant resources to achieve objectives; Negotiates with a variety of approaches.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gift City Club & Business Center
Salery: INR 35,000 - 45,000