Chief Engineer - Gift City Club & Business Center
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Responsible for preventive maintenance, carrying out modifications and efficient running of the Engineering Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
· Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of engineering. Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Researches and analyzes new engineering products on the market. Introduces ideas to leadership and enable property to remain competitive.
· Works with direct reports to review business in house and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts. Encourages calculated risk-taking to overcome obstacles and deliver excellent service.
· Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and a ten year asset protection plan; oversees execution of plans.
· Is perceptive of hotel environment. Reviews public space walk-through results and ensures building is well maintained and operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
· Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with brand’s Standard Operating Procedures.
· Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to Support building needs.
Prepares and submits reports required by state agencies for
water consumption, wastewater discharge and boiler emissions.
· Ensures compliance with state, local regulations.
· Oversees the distribution of preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
· Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs. Contacts contractors for bids, supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
· Updates and implements the hotel ADA plan on an annual basis.
· Manages parts and equipment inventory.
· Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
· Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
· Maintains property life safety systems (firefighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems). Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms. Communicates and ensures departmental and hotel emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
· Completes appropriate maintenance to ensure on-going appreciation of the asset.
· Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
· Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, hotel vehicles and recreational facilities.
· Develops and leads the execution of the brand’s service initiatives in the Engineering department.
· Sets expectations and holds engineering leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors. Ensures guest’s needs are met or exceeded from beginning to end of hotel stay.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent guest service. Establishes guidelines to associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
· Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of engineering services and overall satisfaction; effectively responds to and resolves guest problems and complaints.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously focuses on improving service performance.
· Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program and receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance. Coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance. Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
· Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures recognition occurs in all areas.
· Develops and manages Engineering budget.
· Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget. Works with engineering leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
· Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses such as wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc. Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or associate satisfaction.
· Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
· Ensures all technology relative to procurement is implemented.
· Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of building projects and plant equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
· Negotiates contracts with service vendors and other contractors in accordance with SOPs.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gift City Club & Business Center
Salery: INR 60 - 65