Carpenter - Nile Hospitality
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Should maintain furniture and other elements of carpentry repair works in guest room, meeting rooms and all public areas including back of the house. Should have knowledge in standard practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety related to carpentry and maintains work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ability to effectively communicate, both in person and over the phone when dealing with management, Employees, and guests.
· Stain-grade, trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters etc.
· Read blueprints, mathematical and analytical skills are necessary to do material estimates.
· Maintains general mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Ability to work with carpentry tools and materials.
· Should be able to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs as and when required.
· Possesses extensive knowledge of the carpentry trade as well as repair and maintenance of the property.
· Always keep the work area clean and well organised.
· Climbs ladders to reach raised areas and works from scaffolding.
· Operates various types of woodworking machines and electrical hand tools.
· Maintains physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other employees.
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set for each tasks.
· Repair and replace items such as furniture, wall coverings, acoustical ceiling panels, gypsum board , masonry or any other miscellaneous tasks such as wooden polishing etc.
· Designs, cuts, build and assemble wooden parts or furniture as requested.
· Assemble and set prefabricated pieces.
· Repairs and rebuilds various objects in wood, cardboard, PVC, etc.
· Assemble, disassemble and repair hydraulic locking arms, locks, boards, doors, furniture, wooden shelves.
· Installs coating montages on doors, frames and desks.
· Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform the job functions.
· Assist housekeeping and engineering staffs during room preventive maintenance.
· Keep track of repairs made or areas that need more attention.
· Keep communication open between guests, management and service tasks.
· Report to management on major repairs and items that can’t be repaired for further action.
· Perform general maintenance work or other tasks assigned by management.
· Comply with the General Regulations Employee Manual and other policies and procedures to ensure the safety and efficiency of the operation of the Hotel.
Daily Work Procedures:
- Reports 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled time of briefing/debriefing/meetings.
- Is well groomed at all times of the day.
- Collects and signs-in/out for keys and mobile.
- Reads, signs and updates the log book.
- Assigns and communicates areas and duties.
- Ensures all guest remarks are communicated and adhered to.
all daily tasks diligently.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Able to effectively communicate in English, Positive attitude and Excellent grooming standards. Working knowledge of the carpentry trade as well as repair and maintenance of the Hospitality property is a added advantage.
It is not the intention of this Job description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nile Hospitality
Salery: INR 15,000 - 20,000