Captain - Gift City Club & Business Center
JOB DESCRIPTION :
As a restaurant captain you are responsible to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and ensure only the highest quality products are being served.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Always greet and welcome guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
· Always thank and give fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
· Assist guest with table reservation.
· Assist guest while seating.
· Ensure guest is serviced within specified time.
· Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
· Speak with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
· Able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
· Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
· Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
· Serve food courses and beverages to guests.
· Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
· Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
· Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
· Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
· Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
· Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly.
· Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment
· Perform shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
· Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house areas.
· Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented.
· Work with fellow staffs and manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
· Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
· Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
· Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff.Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
· Creative and innovative.
· Responsible for managing the Hotels management team
· Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
· Initiative and Self-motivated.
· Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
· Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
· Experience of handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
· Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / Other world Class Property Management System is required.
· Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
· Excellent guest service skill.
· Good knowledge of food and beverage service.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nile Hospitality
Salery: INR 15,000 - 20,000