Assistant Food & Beverage Service Manager - Radisson Hotel Kandla
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Assist the Food and Beverage Manager to drive business growth, maximise revenue, manage and monitor expenditure and labour utilisation, and ensure continuous improvement in systems and processes. Provide an environment that achieves highly engaged staff who then offers an exceptional standard of customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Contribute as a member of the Food and Beverage Management Team to the specific area’s overall strategic direction,
· Maximise all opportunities for business growth and revenue.
· Contribute to financial planning and preparation of annual operational and capital program budgets to fit with forecast revenue.
· Ensure all costs are managed within agreed budgets.
· Contribute to continuous improvement in systems and procedures within the Food and Beverage departments.
· Ensure the level of service to customers is one that constantly exceeds their expectations, and ensure this level of service is delivered by all staff working in the department.
· Ensure the same high level of service is provided to other departments and staff within the company and a culture of support and enjoyment is promoted.
· Maintain standards for recruitment, selection criteria, training, developing and retaining exceptional staff throughout the operation.
· Provide effective leadership to all staff members in the department by communicating and demonstrating the goals and values of the company, and by creating an environment that encourages success and learning.
· Ensure performance standards and behaviours are clearly communicated to staff and performance management is implemented as per company policy.
· Ensure all Food and Beverage facilities are maintained to a high standard and are available as required.
· Ensure maintenance and set-up is to schedule and facilities are ready to operate prior to opening.
· Maintain facilities to a high standard in terms of presentation.
· Internal: Ensure a high level of communication with the Management Team. Ensure all staff is kept fully informed and communication is maintained between departments.
· External: Maintain network with existing customer base through a range of communication medium and identify further business opportunities with customers.
· Ensure customers are communicated with and kept up to date.
· Demonstrate a proactive commitment to a safe working environment. Eliminate, minimise or isolate hazards. Other Duties
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· In depth knowledge of Food and Beverage products, suppliers, and customer trends.
· Thorough knowledge of customer service principles and skilled in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
· Ability to operate within budgetary guidelines and sound commercial judgement.
· Understanding of and ability to analysis and review policies and procedures that affect customers in order to provide continuous improvement.
· Ability to apply appropriate interpersonal styles within a team to provide leadership.
· An understanding of computer environments and the functions that support their operation and an ability to share technical information with other technical or non-technical people in a manner that is quickly understandable.
· Ability to manage a large number of projects at one time and set priorities whilst maintaining a vision of the larger picture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and tactfulness and helpfulness in dealing with others.
· Effective negotiation skills and exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Ability to foster and lead a team environment as well as the ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
· Ability to effectively delegate responsibility and/or authority with clear guidelines and directions. Also a quick response to requests, ideas and suggestions in a non-defensive way.
· A flexible approach to work schedules, customer needs and the strategic direction of the organization.
· A tolerance for uncertain market conditions and high energy levels, with drive and motivation to succeed.
· Experience in managing a team within a service environment.
· In-depth knowledge of Food and Beverage Practices
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Radisson Hotel Kandla
Salery: INR 30,000 - 40,000